FairIsle enables you to design Fair Isle knitting patterns on the computer. It is particularly suited to making designs for a knitting machine, but you could use it for handknitting too. The usual method of designing Fair Isle knitting patterns is to use graph paper to start with, then transfer the pattern to a punch card and knit a few swatches.
This can be a time-consuming process and it is difficult to imagine what the result will look like without making a swatch. FairIsle shows you a picture of the swatch in a window and allows you to edit the punch card and colours used. It is easy to try out designs and you can see the effect of any changes you make immediately.
- On screen WYSIWYG swatch preview.
- On screen illustrated manual.
- Save out or print swatch samples.
- Automatically make new designs.
- Alter knitting colours in real time.
- Save out finished punch cards in Draw or Text format.
- Colour coded display of floats.
- Supplied with examples and comprehensive manual.
- "I am very impressed." Miss U. Berkshire
- "...great, literally within a couple of minutes I had something which normally would have taken hours." Acorn User Oct 98
FairIsle costs just £12.90.
Price includes UK carriage. Please add £2 outside UK
This Web site was hand coded by iSV products.
All contents are © iSV Products 2012
Graphics constructed using DrawWorks Millennium